Sunday, August 26, 2007

#23 --THE END

I think I have finished everything! I have:
  1. Registered
  2. Discovered that I am a lifelong learner -- i am a turtle and just have to keep plugging along. I've also discovered that i do enjoy learning.
  3. Set up my blog -- new_learner
  4. Registered my blog and printed off the tracking log and looked at the blogs of others
  5. Explored FLICKR which i keep misspelling. This was fun and it took help from some friends to understand how to upload, and create flickr friends groups.
  6. explored flickr and groups
  7. i think created a blog about technology
  8. Set up my bloglines account and selected several feeds-- i'm not as impressed as i first was about this. i don't seem to be getting that many feeds.
  9. Explored MERLIN which we had also done in the Thompson online training
  10. Played around with the online generator -- i like the one from the u.s. better than GB.
  11. Looked at LibraryThing and created an account -- hopefully to help with nonfiction.
  12. I don't think i Rollyoed -- i'll go back.
  13. Learned about Tagging, Technorati
  14. Explored and created some tags
  15. Read
  16. Learned about Wikis -- i think it would be great to create a book club, src.
  17. I did not add to the sandbox
  18. Looked at the online word processing and signed up. i still have not checked to see if the public can access it.
  19. I did explore the web 2.0 awards list and found other programs
  20. Looked at YouTube -- not that impressed but you can get information before it hits the general news --iphones
  21. Looked at search tools for finding podcasts -- there are many.
  22. Downloaded at home netlibrary. Looked at mydv.
  23. My learning goal was to learn one thing -- I did that and more. I am no where near an expert on any of this but do feel more comfortable as I go along and I think i can continue to use a lot of what i have learned. I definitely think i must do that or I won't be able to share what I have learned or benefit from my training. Most valuable -- wikis, rss feeds, blogs, flickr, downloadable audio and dvd. One thing that I wish I had thought of -- how confusing all of the logins, usernames, and passwords are. I should have had just one! I need to keep a list. this has been quite time consuming but worth it. I do think that it would have helped me to have fewer things to do --i can't imagine 43! I am sad that it is over but i have much more exploring to do on my own. My children are quite impressed that i can flickr and blog.

No comments: